This blog goes out to all my seniors out there! (Class of 2016 A-WHOOP)

For most of y’all, this is the final lap. This is our last year to make the most of our blessing of a college experience, right within the rigor of applying for jobs and finishing up those last hours of coursework. Most likely this year will be full of difficult choices, long hours studying up on prospective companies and Capstone projects that define your major. But let’s not forget that we are college kids and this is the time of our lives! Work hard – but don’t forget to play hard, too.

That brings me to the very spur-of-the-moment decision I made within 24 hours to accompany my roommates and closest friends on a cruise in less than a month. We set sail for a six-day/five-night excursion out of Galveston to Yucatan and Cozumel, Mexico, and return just two days before my last fall semester begins. I found out about this cruise Sunday night, and it was booked in full on Monday night.

I want this to be an example for y’all to follow: If are able, go on vacations, road-trip around Texas on weekends with your besties, book an exciting Spring Break trip for one last hoorah before most of us go in separate directions. The spontaneity is the best part about senior year, and I encourage you to make it happen! You will not regret spending X amount of money or time on an incredible trip with your college buds, but you will regret not being a part of one or not at least attempting to make something happen. I recently spoke to an old friend of mine who’s about four years into post-grad and he told me that he wishes he had more fun in college, and more specifically his senior year. Let me tell you, that is not something you want to be left feeling. You want to move on to the next step of your life with zero regrets and nothing but fond memories.

So book your cruise and come aboard with me! And if not, I hope you find something equally as spontaneous and exciting to do on this last year of college.

IMG_4648IMG_4649IMG_4652IMG_4650

(Carnival cruise to Belize, Honduras and Cozumel in 2014)