job_interview

Gosh, I can’t tell you how lucky we are that we go to school at Texas A&M and that Mays Business School reaches out to us time and time again to get us prepared for our future careers and emergence into the business world. There are many events that Mays and the Career Center hold that I had no idea existed two ago. I encourage you all to take note of these important events that are approaching very quickly and drop by as many of them as you can! (Lots of times, lunch is provided!)

Go Global With Mays: This was last Wednesday, September 9, so it’s too late to go, but I would just to like to make you aware of this day. Students set up stands in Wehner depicting each country where Mays offers the chance to study abroad. I was with France, and talked with interested students on their opportunity to study abroad, financial support and tips, and answered any questions they had. There will no doubt be a similar study abroad event later on in the semester, but keep your eyes open for this next year!

Preparing for the Business Career Fair: This event is tomorrow, September 15, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. I went to this last year and it provides invaluable information to prepare yourself for the upcoming career fair. They go over broad items like resumes, cover letters and appropriate attire, as well as things that are a little more in-depth such as things to avoid, interview tips and how to approach recruiters and what to say to make you stand out.

Interviewpalooza: This is much like last week’s Resumania. At Interviewpalooza, a bunch of professionals that give you ideas on how to make your interview stand out from the crowd. In my opinion, this is one of the most important events to attend because interviews are so important and they can really refine your skills.

There are many other events approaching. You can get a full list here: http://calendar.tamu.edu/

Good luck!

Always,

Lauren

koldus