FullSizeRender

Ahhh… it’s Monday morning. Often times, Mondays signify the beginning of that early-morning must that Aggies know all too well – ticket pull. Texas A&M has a traditional (yet dated) system for getting tickets for the upcoming football game. As tiring as it is, I’ve got to admit there’s nothing quite like waking up in the wee hours of the morning to stand in a line of sweaty Aggies ready to pull for a game! For the Nevada game last week, my group and I got in line at 7 a.m. and, I kid you not, there must have been thousands of students out there!

A year or two ago, we used to be able to camp out the night before. Some of my favorite memories of freshman years were camping out all night in tents before the first game of the season with a lot of friends. Unfortunately, they have eliminated that tradition since then, something that still saddens me. So many young Aggies will never get to experience that!

However, I must admit, I think there could be a better way to pull tickets given the technological advances of the 21st Century. I think a better idea would be to set it up online and have people select their quantity of tickets the same way that they would Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday mornings. Some time ago, I would have opposed this change due to the loss in novelty of camping out the night before. However, now that they’ve stopped that, I think it’s time for a change!

Thanks from your favorite public politician,

Lauren